One of my husbands favorite meals. It leans towards both Greek and Italian with the heavy hand of oregano, olive oil and lots of lemon.
Serve with a tomato olive feta salad! Yum.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 large lemons, after squeezing cut the rinds into quarters to later add to roasting pan)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One whole chicken, cut into 12 pieces - cut breasts in half, leg, thigh, cut wings
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl.
- Place the chicken and onion wedges in the bowl with the marinade and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken and onions on the sheet pan with the wedges of lemon.
- Roast until juices from the chicken thigh run clear when pierced with tip of knife, 40 to 50 minutes. If using meat thermometer, leg or thigh should come to 160 degrees.
Serve with a "salad" you toss quickly with chopped Roma Tomatoes, cucumbers, a few Kalamata Olives and a small amount of Feta cheese to garnish.