Shrimp Ceviche with Avocado. Its Fiesta Friday!
This is a great summer dish, so refreshing and cool. The flavors of Mexico in a glass.
Perfect bariatric protein balance as well. Low in carbs and fat, but high in flavor and protein.
- One pound cooked shrimp. Either pan sear yourself, which is best, or use store bought cooked
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced sweet onion
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Lots of hot sauce for flavor
- Sea salt
- Toss the shrimp with the tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, ketchup and season with hot sauce and salt.
- Divide between four martini glasses and add avocado just before serving.