Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
A few years ago we held a recipe contest and Carol Pinto created this recipe for salad dressing is so easy and so tasty that you won't be buying the bottled stuff again.
This simple dressing is perfect for a simple salad of baby spinach and strawberry halves. Use the Strawberry Vinaigrette as a sauce to drizzle thinly sliced grilled turkey or pork tenderloin.
Turns a piece of broiled or grilled salmon into a restaurant dish!
Makes almost a cup so pop it into a container in the fridge.
- 1/4 cup Smuckers Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granulated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- a few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Warm preserves slightly to melt. Either small pot or microwave for a few seconds.
- Whisk in the vinegar, Splenda, lemon juice,Tabasco, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Drizzle in 2 tablespoon water and whisk until thick and glossy.
- Toss with favorite greens - baby spinach, red onion, strawberry halves, cucumber slices, sliced almonds - in a large bowl until lightly coated and serve immediately