Outrageously good! Why do we only make this bowl of deliciousness at Thanksgiving! I love it for my Greek yogurt year-round.
You will want to use leftovers to top your ricotta cheese or plain yogurt. It makes a beautiful crimson sauce for my sugar-free Cheesecake, and a spoonful with a scoop of sugar-free Pumpkin Custard is off the chain.
- One jar Smucker's Sugar Free Preserves or Jam, any flavor, I like Cherry best, but use Orange, Marmalade, Strawberry, Blackberry or Raspberry
- One 12-ounce bag whole fresh Cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Truvia or Splenda if needed for additional sweetness
- Empty the preserves into a heavy saucepan and heat over medium-low for 3 to 4 minutes until they soften and melt.
- Add the cranberries and cinnamon; stirring constantly while the mixture comes to a boil; cook until berries begin to pop. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce is glossy and thick.
- Crush some of the berries against the side of the pot with your wooden spoon. Stir in the Truvia or Splenda to taste and cook 5 more minutes before removing from heat to cool.
- For a smooth sauce, place in blender and pass through a wire strainer using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer cooled mixture to a covered bowl and chill until ready to serve.