Nothing says Ultimate Thanksgiving Dessert like Pumpkin Cheesecake and this one just happens to be sugar free. Your guests will be licking the plates.
I like to 'hunt' at TJMaxx and one of my finds was a bag of 'The Ginger People' Crystallized Ginger slices - that was been sitting in my kitchen cabinet waiting for a pumpkin holiday. I added a heaping tablespoon of chopped Ginger People ginger to my pumpkin cheesecake crumb crust and it took this recipe over the top. It adds 9 grams of sugar to the entire recipe but is priceless in flavor. These tender little candied ginger slices can be found online at Amazon)
I have heavily criticized Splenda Brown Sugar for Baking, for not making it clear on the label that it contained sugar and I felt the name Splenda meant 'no sugar' and could trick some who could not have sugar. In this dish, I wanted the flavor of brown sugar without stomach cramping sugar alcohols, as this is a cheesecake for a family holiday gathering. Swap out for half the measurement of Truvia Brown Sugar or double the Splenda granulated if this greatly concerns you.
For the Crust:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup 'The Ginger Man Crystalized Ginger Slices', at Amazon, Whole Foods or specialty markets - if you don't have this, leave out completely
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (this is necessary unless you want oily, sub par crust)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- Four, 8 ounce packages Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature (NOT fat free)
- 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar for Baking
- 1/2 cup Splenda, granulated
- 1 cup solid pack pure Libby's pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In a food processor, pulse together the pecans, crystallized ginger, almond flour, all purpose flour, and cinnamon until even in texture with no large pecan pieces - add the butter and pulse a few times until mixture resembles damp sand.
- Firmly press into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the food processor - no need to wash. Pulse the Splenda brown and Splenda granular with the cream cheese until very smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and cornstarch blend until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Pour into crust and bake until puffed and set around edges but still a bit soft near center - 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature - then chill before serving.