Looking for a lazy day weekend recipe that makes the whole family SING?
Something about a Sunday morning screams BRUNCH. I often make bacon and eggs or omelets but this morning my fridge was a tad bare but I did have a new container of blueberries staring me in the face. I looked up what Martha Stewart had to say about muffins, made a few swaps on the fly and the result was a low carb, low sugar muffin that was the best EVER.Ingredients
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk, whole or low fat
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or good vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour - NO you cannot use all almond flour and if you use other flours you are on your own as nothing ruins a recipe faster than spelt or garbanzo flour.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup Truvia baking blend - NO you cannot use Splenda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries - NO you cannot use frozen
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 6 large or 12 regular cup muffin pan with non stick spray or use liners and spray.
- Whisk together the butter milk eggs and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk to blend the flour, almond flour, baking powder and Truvia.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid - stir to just moisten - a few lumps are fine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide into your prepared muffin tin and make until golden and test for doneness near center - 15 to 20 minutes depending on size.