I love assembling ingredients on a pretty plate into a fresh salad. Its a great way to eat!
It is easy for me to cut a grapefruit or orange into 'supremes' but you can also buy them in the chilled produce section in a jar. This salad is even better when the red grapefruit are peak season. Its everything you want in a summer meal... light, wonderful flavors and super easy to assemble.
This is a spectacular Easter appetizer when plated on your beautiful china salad dishes.
- 1 grapefruit - or 1/2 cup grapefruit sections - in chilled produce case
- 1 pound large shrimp - poached or seasoned & sauteed, or buy already cooked shrimp if you prefer
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley Ranch dressing powder (from a packet in the salad dressing section - there is a dill flavored HVR that is excellent for this but the regular is good too)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or Tabasco
- a sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Arrange layers of grapefruit, avocado and shrimp.
- Blend yogurt with ranch powder and Sriracha sauce to taste.
- Drizzle over salad. Hit with a little smoked paprika for color and flavor. Serve.