Super Fudge Surprise Brownies! (no sugar added too)
These 'flourless' brownies are fantastic. I could tell they were going to be so good when I hit the button on the food processor and the batter was smooth, rich and very fudgy with a back flavor of mocha. Yum! Coffee lifts the flavor of Cocoa and since there isn't any flour to mute the cocoa... it shines!
- Vegetable cooking spray
- One, 15 ounce can black beans, well rinsed & drained - SURPRISE!
- 1/2 cup Truvia baking blend, the kind in the bag
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa - smoother, richer, less bitter
- 1 single serving sleeve Starbucks Via, ready brew instant coffee (really puts dish over the top and does NOT add coffee flavor, buy one at Starbucks!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped sugar free or dark chocolate - you can also use mini bittersweet or semi sweet chips
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Puree the black beans in food processor until fairly smooth.
- Scrape down sides and add Truvia, butter, vanilla and one egg. Process until very smooth.
- Scrape down sides and add 2 remaining eggs, cocoa, Via, baking powder, salt and chopped chocolate.
- Process until well blended, scraping down sides and processing to a creamy batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from center tests done, 18 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into two-inch squares.