Ten Minute Thai Chicken Soup
This soup is so delicious you could drink it all before it is time to eat supper!
The red curry paste and coconut milk are the keys to its wonderful mmmmmm flavor. Its very different from the flavors I grew up with so for me, this soup sings! Two secrets: the Taste of Thai Red Curry paste is a flavor bomb and a fresh rotisserie chicken makes this a ten minute bowl of goodness.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 fresh shitake mushrooms - discard tough stems, thinly slice caps
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 32 ounces (1 carton) Swanson Chicken Broth
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste, or more or less to your taste - I use Taste of Thai
- 14 ounces (1 can) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Juice of one lime
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sauté the sweet bell pepper and mushrooms in the oil in a large saucepan for 2 to 4 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add the broth, red curry paste, coconut milk and heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the chicken and simmer until the mixture is hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil, as coconut milk may separate.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro just before serving.