There is nothing quite like the unmistakable flavor profile of The Italian Sub.
I've even made you a bit of the best Italian Sub Tub dressing you've ever tasted! Psssssst... the secret is in the oregano vinegar combo.
Make this for 1 without a Bun, 4 is no Chore, or even your family of 8 is Great!
For each Italian Sub in a Tub you will need the following:
- A bed of Romaine - cut across the romaine lettuce hearts and fluff onto a serving plate
- Layer on slices of tomato, roasted peppers from a jar, paper thin red onion slices and pepperoncini slices (or mild banana peppers)
- On a cutting board layer slices of deli Ham, Salami and Provolone cheese - roll 'em up - cut into rounds and arrange on top of your tub of sub fixins.
Italian Tub Sub dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar - red wine or balsamic are best, but any kind in your pantry works
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- a few grinds black pepper
Mix together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and drizzle a tablespoon over your Sub in a Tub. (save the rest for salads!) Toss. Eat!