Thai Peanut Chicken Iceberg Lettuce Wraps
It isn't any tastier, easier or faster than a stir fry of Thai peanut sauced chicken, carrot and scallion stuffed in big crisp leaves of iceberg lettuce. Boom.
I use House of Tsang bottled sauces as they are excellent.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large carrot, cut into fine julienne strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, thinly sliced - TIP: freeze them for about an hour and they will be easier to slice
- 1/4 cup bottled peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir fry the carrot, garlic and green onion until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove to small bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil over high, stir fry the chicken until browned and just cooked through.
- Add the sauteed carrot mixture and peanut sauce to the pan - cook until the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes and fold in the peanuts.
- To eat, place some of the sauced chicken in a lettuce leaf.