Thai Peanut Sauce with Chicken Lettuce Cups
A really delicious no cook dipping sauce for simply roasted skewers of meat or seafood.
Perfect to drizzle over grilled chicken or shrimp filled lettuce cups or even thinly sliced pork or turkey tenderloin.
I shred a rotisserie chicken for lettuce cups with carrots and scallions in butter lettuce - made PERFECT with a drizzle of this sauce. You will thank me on a hot August night!
I made this big platter of filled cups for a party we had at our condo. I leave off the sauce so they remain crisp. My guests can pick up a wrap for their plate and sauce it before eating. They are PERFECT for a party. Try these!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon sambal chili paste, or chili garlic sauce - see image below - sambal is available in most grocery stores or online
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- sliced scallion
- In a blender or food processor, combine peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and sambal until smooth. Add lime juice to taste.
- With machine running, add coconut milk and then enough water until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Garnish with sesame or scallion.