Years ago a lightly Sinatra themed place in Boca Raton named Matteo's was the first to serve Zucchini Linguini with their outstanding Veal Sorrentino.
The Zucchini Linguini side dish stole the show. Remember that this was 2008, so this was GROUND BREAKING! I immediately located a device to create the shreds and voila - that's the dish.
It is delicious tossed with olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan or red sauce. Even faster version is to pan saute your zucchini shreds and heat them in half a jar of sauce. It is delicious and I still love this as a side.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- pasta sauce - optional
- Peel long strips of zucchini using a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil in a large skillet, add the zucchini and gently toss to coat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, until wilted and tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, adjust seasonings and toss to coat with lots of Parmesan cheese.