Pretty. Darn. Good. An awesome vegetable side dish for pork chops, grilled chicken tenders, ham steak, sliced sirloin. Pretty. Darn. Good!
Easy, cheesy, roasty, toasty and YUMMY. They ARE ‘Tater’ Tots! Your family will love them.
- 1 cauliflower head, leaves removed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces yellow cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs plus 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice head of cauliflower into ¾ inch planks and arrange with the garlic on a Pam sprayed sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast until softened and edges are browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower into a food processor. Add the yogurt, cheese, parsley, the 2 whole eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold the cauliflower mixture into the egg whites.
- Fill each mini muffin tin about ⅔ full and bake until puffed and golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 24 tots.
- TIP: I use a small metal ice cream scoop to portion into my mini muffin tins.