Fresh sweet strawberries nestled into a sweet cookie crust – this dessert is GENIUS!
This pie will be a HUGE hit when you serve it, but only you need to know it has a skinny no sugar secret! If there is such a thing as a DIET PIE, this is it. Like we said, it is pure genius.
- One 10 ounce package Murray Sugar Free Shortbread Cookies, or similar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Truvia (or double the amount of Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Two .30 ounce packages Sugar Free Strawberry Jello gelatin powder (that is the small, four serving size. You could also use one .60 oz package. So either two small or one large)
- Sugar Free Cool Whip or sugar free whipped cream
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies into fine even crumbs. Add the butter, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of Truvia - pulse until mixture resembles damp sand. Press into a pie plate with a small measuring cup or the back of a spoon and chill while you prepare the filling.
- Blend ¼ cup Truvia and the cornstarch with 1½ cups of cold water, in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently and cook until clear glossy and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Jello powder, blending until completely dissolved.
- Add the sliced strawberries to the warm jello mixture in the pot and gently fold to coat the berries.
- Pour into the crust.
- Chill two hours or overnight until firm. Cut into wedges and serve with whipped topping.
Watch our video & learn the tips to make this pie! Hard to believe it’s so easy and so delicious.