Blue Cheese Dressing/Dip
Once you make this, you'll never eat the grocery store stuff from a shelf ever again. This is the Ultimate Blue Cheese Dip and it's actually GOOD for you. Greek yogurt is the key! Dip with sweet pepper or cucumber chips, spoon over sliced ripe summer tomatoes, or toss with heirloom or teardrop red & yellow tomatoes and shaved red onion for absolute perfection.
Spoon over sliced ripe summer tomatoes, or toss with heirloom or teardrop red & yellow tomatoes and shaved red onion for absolute perfection.
Serve with cucumber slices to use as chips.
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup Fage Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces blue cheese, room temperature, crumbled
- 2 scallions, minced and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts - garnish
- Sauté shallots in oil until deep golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes, set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and yogurt; add blue cheese mashing with rubber spatula to blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the caramelized shallots.
- Top with scallions and walnuts.