Strawberries are gorgeous and ripe year round. Slice and add them to a salad... better yet is to roast some to make this mouthwatering balsamic dressing.
Add shredded rotisserie chicken for a protein meal on a Summer evening. Yum!
- 1 cup strawberries, washed with stems removed, cut in half
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Arrange the berries in a metal pie or cake tin, cut side down, and roast for 12 to 15 minutes until beginning to caramelize at edges. Combine berries with any pan juices, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in blender and pulse until smooth. Keep chilled in fridge to use within two weeks.
- In a large wooden salad bowl toss baby spinach and diced strawberries with enough dressing to lightly coat. Divide onto serving plates. Add a few nuts and lumps of blue cheese.