California Roll Bites
These bites really taste like a California Roll. A wonderful appetizer for a bariatric post op and anyone else within a few feet.
I like to make these for a gathering of friends or family because they are a cooked form of 'sushi roll' that all your guests will love to try. Not too spicy, a perfect burst of shrimp and avocado with a crunch of cooling cucumber and spark from wasabi and Sriracha sauces. Yum!
I've made platters of these for holiday gatherings for the last few years and they are always a huge hit. Spear each bite with a decorative bamboo pick and place a pile of cocktail napkins next to the platter.
- 1 hothouse or English cucumber, cut into 12 half inch rounds
- 12 large shrimp, cleaned, cooked and cooled - I like to pan sear mine after a quick toss in a tablespoon of Asian stir fry sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into 12 pieces about the size of your shrimp
- Wasabi sauce or wasabi mayonnaise (available in jar/bottle in condiment section)
- Sriracha sauce
- Arrange the cucumber slices on a decorative tray, top with a shrimp, avocado piece, a dime sized drop of wasabi sauce, a squeeze of Sriracha sauce.
- Skewer with a bamboo pick. So easy. So yum.