Same sauce as my Asian Chicken and Broccoli but this time, with Shrimp and Cashews!
The key to this dish is my quick Asian base sauce - you could come up with a million combinations of protein and vegetables to stir fry and hit with this sauce at the end to bring it all home.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger or Garden Gourmet fresh ginger in a tube (found in supermarket produce section)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Whisk together in a small bowl - soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch, set aside.
- In a nonstick wok or large skillet, heat peanut oil over high, add shrimp and cook until they just begin to curl, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, scallions, and cashews and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add 1/4 cup water along with soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute.