Coconut Red Curry Salmon
This coconut curry sauce is so good you could drink it! It is perfect for shrimp or chicken as well.
I bought some really special first run Alaskan King Salmon and wanted to make a sauce that would only accentuate the freshness. This is an amazing dish.
- 6 ounce salmon portions
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A few slices of red fresno chili or jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- One, 15 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, flat parsley or cilantro
- Season and arrange the salmon onto a parchment or foil lined baking dish and bake in preheated oven at 275°F for 40 minutes or until fish separates into large flakes when pressed with back of spoon. This is a slow roast technique that is foolproof.
- While salmon bakes, make the sauce.
- Saute onion, chili slices and garlic in olive oil in a medium skillet until soft and golden. Add red curry paste and stir in the coconut milk. Season with salt and simmer until salmon is done.
- Remove salmon and place in sauce. Add a squeeze of half a lime. Scatter with herbs. Cooked broccoli is a really nice complement to this dish.