Cranberry Turkey Breakfast Sausage
This is the prefect breakfast! A little sausage, an egg. Delicious & packed with protein!
If I can give one tip for this recipe, while amount is small, do not skip the Fennel Seeds, I know it could be a temptation as you likely don’t have them on hand. But go get them. Fennel Seeds are what gives Sausage that “sausage” flavor. Skipping that will not result in the result you’re hoping for.
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Onion, grated. This will keep the turkey moist
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries. Look for the low sugar kind
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup Inspire Flatbread Mix
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the cranberries and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the Turkey, the grated onion, the spices and Flatbread Mix. Mix well.
- Drain the Cranberries well and chop with a knife.
- Gently fold in the Cranberries.
- Form into 8 small patties and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, then flip and continue to cook until cooked through. About 7-10 minutes.
If you would like to freeze the sausages for quick breakfasts throughout the week, make sure they are completely cooled and freeze in between wax paper or parchment and store in an air tight container so they can be easily separated before warming up in the microwave.
To reheat, you will need to watch carefully as the wattage of your microwave and how frozen they are will impact the time.