Sheet Pan Meal: Portabello Pizzas... all the flavors without the 'crust'!
Holy moly, this is delicious! It has the pizza flavors I love and a nice chew. This recipe is right where healthy and delicious collide... try it!
I like mine Margarita style with mozzarella, tomatoes, shaved onion and basil - Ty likes his topped with diced pepperoni! Really delicious with the flavors of pizza.
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Portobello mushrooms - stems removed and dark gills scraped clean using a spoon
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce - use one without added sugar such as Gia Russa or Rao's
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded mozzarella, provolone and/or Parmesan
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- Fresh or dried oregano
- Sliced red onion - optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped basil leaves
- Preheat broiler to 500 degrees.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until golden. Remove garlic to plate and set aside.
- Sauté mushroom caps smooth side down in the garlic olive oil, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Liquid will pool in the cap when almost done.
- Turn and cook until mushroom is softened and liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 additional minutes.
- Transfer to sheet pan, dry with paper towel. Smear with pasta sauce, 'lightly' top with cheese combination, reserved toasted garlic, tomatoes and onion.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Broil until cheese is melted, bubbling and golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chopped basil.