Parmesan Chicken Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing
This creamy Italian dressing is super delicious when used for a cool summer Parmesan Chicken Salad.
I love salads but loathe bottled dressing. I think people use them because they do not realize just how easy it is to make your own dressing to keep in the fridge.
Toss your favorite lettuce, 2 cups per person - butter lettuce, romaine, baby spinach, anything you like - in a big bowl with some of the Creamy Italian Dressing you've made. I use 2 tablespoons of dressing for each 2 cups of greens.
DIVIDE THE DRESSED LETTUCE ONTO THE DINNER PLATES, top each plate with a few tomato slices and a pan sautéed, thin sliced chicken cutlet. If you love parmesan, adding more freshly grated over the top of everything, puts this dish over the top!
- 3/4 cup Fage Greek yogurt - a small 5.5 or 6 ounce container is fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Splenda or 2 teaspoons Truvia
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Parmesan, sweetener, garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt, and black pepper to your blender; pulse until smooth. You may also whisk ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.