Crunchy Catfish Strips
I love catfish and so does my Georgia born husband.
Catfish is firm moist and meaty. It is also a bargain at sale prices of under four dollars per pound and is farm raised in the USA!
A quick dusting of seasoned almond meal tastes like cornmeal and gets this ready for the air fryer in minutes.
- One pound farm raised fresh catfish fillets cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 egg white beaten until foamy
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup almond meal - Bobs Red Mill is available almost everywhere
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Toss the catfish strips with the egg white. Mix the lemon pepper and almond meal in a plastic bag ëshake and bakeí style - add the fish strips and toss to coat.
- Arrange in the air fryer basket. (or on Pam-sprayed baking sheet) and air fry or bake until golden, 12 to 14 minutes.