A crunchy, golden snack, that is filled with fiber-goodness and can be flavored any way you like it.
Garlic powder, Jerk seasonings, maybe even Splenda and cinnamon - you're the Chef!
These are fantastic on their own and really add crunch to salads!
- One 14-ounce can of chickpeas, well drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine drained beans, oil, salt, and spices.
- Spread, in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast, shaking or stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until golden-brown and toasted.
Do not sit down with the full batch. Do yourself a favor and measure our a 1/4 to 1/2 cup portion of these. They are delicious but easy to mindlessly eat, so portioning before you start munching is the KEY to keeping these a nice healthy snack!