I am a very fast cook. I put my protein on the counter, find a few complimentary ingredients and make a great dish. This one's a keeper!
Follow this one in real time with me so you can see how easy it is!
- Sauté 1 cup diced fennel, 1 medium onion, and 2 garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon olive oil until softened and golden.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon tomato paste, add a cup of white wine (or broth), a cup of crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and a big pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and allow to reduce for fifteen minutes until thickened.
- Add 1 pound peeled and cleaned shrimp and poach until just cooked through.
- Stir in 4 or 5 fresh basil leaves torn into pieces.
- Serve in a deep bowl with lots of sauce.