Fry up Ham and Smoked Gouda in a skillet with this Secret Ingredient for delicious low carb, bariatric friendly Hash Browns.
Top with a fried egg and wow, what a breakfast!
- 6 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 head cauliflower, sliced, roasted til tender and fork mashed, about 4 cups (I use leftover roasted cauliflower from last nights supper)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 scallions, minced, about 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup grated smoked Gouda, about 2 ounces
- Fried eggs
- Sriracha sauce
- Brown the ham in the butter over high heat in a large nonstick skillet or wok, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and stir fry until softened and edges are beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste.
- In a small non stick pan, cook 4 eggs in butter or olive oil to deserved doneness.
- Scatter the 'hash browns' with the scallions and smoked Gouda, toss and cook for one minute.
- Divide between 4 plates. Top each with an egg and add Sriracha to taste.