Elevated Deviled Eggs
These are not your Grandma’s deviled eggs! No mayo needed, so they’re even lower in calories than traditional deviled eggs making them a fantastic option for Bariatric eating.
Photos really don’t do these justice, they are a true show stopper! Perfect for an appetizer, or serve with some greens for a light lunch.Ingredients
- Leftover egg filling (from above)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the eggs, slice in half and remove yolk.
- In a bowl add add the garlic, herbs other seasonings and milk. Mix until a corse paste. The filling will be thick and fairly dry but free of large lumps of egg yolk. You should be able to make a ball that sticks together easily with the filing.
- Carefully fill each half of the egg white with the filling, do not overfill. There should be 2-3 tablespoons of filling remaining
- In a non stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Carefully place each egg, stuffed side down in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes until egg is browned.
- Remove from pan and serve with dressing.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Spoon over the eggs when serving
~~ Spreading joy in the Bariatric Kitchen one recipe at a time, Suzi Shaw!