This meal recreates a bariatric friendly and healthy version of 'fried' chicken and teaches you how to make a great tasting fat free fresh Ranch Dressing instead of using the junk in a bottle!
Pecan Crusted 'Fried' Chicken Ingredients
- A one pound package of Chicken Tenders
- 1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, well beaten in shallow dish
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped pecans seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a shallow dish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Ranch Yogurt Dressing
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- Blend the ranch powder, yogurt and mayo in a small bowl until smooth. Add water to thin to thick dressing consistency. Chill.
To assemble your Fried Chicken Salad with Ranch Yogurt Dressing
Lay out a bed of fresh baby greens, a few olives, grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms or anything you like in your crisp fresh salad. Slice and arrange a chicken tender on top and spoon over some of your homemade ranch dressing.