Asian Turkey Salad with Peanut Dressing
Here we go again with the leftover turkey!
I DON'T WANT TURKEY SOUP.
I LOVE FRESH AND CRISP. Let's make a salad. I have a hard time with cooked meats once they are chilled in the fridge, but I can eat moist turkey when doused in dressing. This is a low calorie peanut dressing that tastes great. I love this salad. If you dont have leftover turkey, it's great with rotisserie chicken too!
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Juice of 1/2 lime, about 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage or baby mixed greens if preferred
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded - optional, as post ops often cannot break down raw carrot
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Whisk peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha and lime juice in a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds black pepper to taste.
- Add enough water to make it a pourable dressing thickness.
- Mix turkey, cabbage, cucumber and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Toss with half the dressing, divide to plates; drizzle with more dressing if desired.