I love to entertain and there is a secret to it that I will share with you. I make the same thing all the time and I am really good at it.
Everyone loves platters filled with small bites. I keep packages of cheese, cured ham, salami sticks and containers of olives in my fridge. I have almonds or pecans in the pantry and some sort of fruit in the bowl on the counter.
You are looking to present a nice blend of items with complimentary flavors. The salami has fat that goes with vinegary peppers. Salty olives are perfect with a smoky cheese and the sweetness of grapes.
If we invite friends to the house after golf, or I simply do not feel like cooking supper, I grab my stash and in ten minutes I have sliced, cubed and arranged half a dozen little piles of goodness on a piece of slate.
All that is left is for me to grab glasses, open a bottle of wine and turn on the music!
Great items to keep on hand for a wonderful afternoon in your backyard.
- A stick of Boars Head Pepperoni or Salami
- A package of Prosciutto or Serrano ham
- Smoked Gouda, Jarlsberg, Brie, or good ole Cheddar cheese
- Olives, pickled peppers, giardiniera
- Dried dates, figs, or apricots
- Almonds, walnuts, cashews or pecans
- Grapes, apple or pear slices, melon, strawberries