No one would EVER think these weren't the real deal from your childhood... like Grandma or Mum used to make. They are puckery, buttery and super lemony! Summer in a baking dish.
Try them... and make them YOUR signature offering when you need to take a dessert that you want to be able to eat as well. 100% Bariatric and diabetic friendly.Ingredients
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Truvia Blend natural sugar replacer (not the packets)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 large egg yolks plus 3 large eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, about 2 or 3 lemons - I use fresh plus bottled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the almond flour, flour, 1/4 cup Truvia, and 2 tablespoons butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Transfer crumb to prepared pan and press firmly with flat bottom of measuring cup into an even layer over pan bottom.
- Bake until light golden brown - 15 to 18 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, whisk the eggs with the remaining 1/2 cup Truvia in a medium saucepan.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, beat for an additional 1 minute.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter and cook over medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or silicon spatula until the mixture thickens to a sauce like consistency - about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Pour onto the hot crust and bake until the filling is shiny and the center seems firm but still has a slight jiggle, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut 5 by 5, so you have 25 pieces. The color of your bars varies depending on the color of your egg yolks.