Happy Eggs! Deep magenta in color.
My new favorite thing! I never had a pickled egg before. These are just beautiful and so simple! I want to eat these up and so will your family.
Late night, I was watching an old Emeril show when he made a pickled eggs and I decided to give it a try. The color is so beautiful that this is so much more than hard cooked eggs. Perfect for your holiday dinner. Take either a bowl of Pink Pickled Eggs, or a dish of Pink Deviled Eggs... wow!
- 2 jars Aunt Nellies Whole Pickled Beets
- 8 hard cooked eggs - instructions included
- Place the eggs in deep covered pot and fill with cold water to cover eggs by one inch. Bring to a boil, cover pot, remove from heat, set timer for 14 minutes. Drain and fill pot with cool water. Peel. Boom. No Green Ring. (or yes, you can buy ready cooked and peeled eggs for this one!)
- Place the beets with the liquid into a deep bowl (I use Rubbermaid so no staining!) and add the eggs. Submerge them by placing beets on top of them, then cover and pop into the fridge. The next day you will have GORGEOUS Pink Pickled Eggs.
- Then I made even more beautiful deviled eggs from them. The flavor is delicious! Try them.