Pink Pickled Eggs
Happy Eggs! Deep magenta in color.
My new favorite thing! I never had a pickled egg before. These are just beautiful and so simple! I want to eat these up and so will your family.
Late night, I was watching an old Emeril show when he made a pickled eggs and I decided to give it a try. The color is so beautiful that this is so much more than hard cooked eggs. Perfect for your holiday dinner. Take either a bowl of Pink Pickled Eggs, or a dish of Pink Deviled Eggs to a holiday gathering and wow!
Lets start with the hard boiled eggs.
If you have ever struggled with peeling eggs after boiling only to have them look like they rolled down the gravel driveway, learn the foolproof method taught to me by none other than my Aunt Gail. Click for Aunt Gail's Secret for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs.
- 2 jars Aunt Nellies Whole Pickled Beets
- 8 hard cooked eggs, peeled and cooled
- Empty the jar of beets along with the liquid into a deep bowl (I use Rubbermaid so no staining!) and add the peeled cooked eggs.
- Submerge by placing beets on top of them, then cover and pop into the fridge.
- As if by magic, the next day you will have GORGEOUS deep Pink Pickled Eggs.
- Make beautiful deviled eggs from them. The flavor is delicious! Try them.