This stew speaks Fall! One of my favorite meals.
Tender, melt in your mouth, super flavorful, easy to eat and absolutely delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into one-inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- One 12-ounce bottle or can beer
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 medium canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and brown on all sides. Transfer the pork to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are golden and slightly browned around the edges, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the pork with any juices in the bowl, beer, broth, chipotles, adobo sauce, rosemary, and tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the pork is fork-tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.