I use center cut loin pork chops - which are the ones that look like little T-bone steaks.
I know that the little tenderloin part will always be tender enough for me to eat. This is a 'keep it super simple' or KISS recipe.
- 2 center cut pork chops
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 ounces baby bella or portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 1 1/2 cups prepared pasta sauce - I use Raos or Gia Russa as they do not have added sugar
- I season with salt and pepper on both sides then sprinkle with a light dusting of about a teaspoon of cornstarch and pat them so you can barely see it.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in non stick skillet and brown the pork on both sides. Remove to a plate. Add the mushrooms season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Deglaze with the chicken broth or wine and stir in 2 cups pasta sauce. Add the pork chops back into the sauce, cover, simmer for 25 minutes until tender.
- Serve with a side salad of romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Season with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil and red wine vinegar.