Smothered Pork Chops
I use center cut loin pork chops - which are the ones that look like little T-bone steaks.
I know that the little tenderloin part will always be tender enough for me to eat. This is a 'keep it super simple' or KISS recipe.
- 2 center cut pork chops
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 ounces baby bella or portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups prepared pasta sauce - I use Raos or Gia Russa as they do not have added sugar
- I season with salt and pepper on both sides then sprinkle with a light dusting of about a teaspoon of cornstarch and pat them so you can barely see it.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in non stick skillet and brown the pork on both sides. Remove to a plate. Add the mushrooms season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Deglaze with the chicken broth or wine and stir in the pasta sauce. Add the pork chops back into the sauce, cover, simmer for 25 minutes until tender.
- Serve with a side salad of romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Season with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil and red wine vinegar.