Zucchini noodles are hot right now and they are so delicious!
I do not have a spiral cutter but I do have a mandoline - you could also use a knife or a vegetable peeler or even cut across into rounds. This is a creamy cheesy cloud in a bowl!
Keep the flavors simple and clean to showcase the zucchini. It's just delicious, fresh and healthy! Serve this alongside some sliced steak, a pork chop, grilled shrimp. Mmmmm.
- 1/4 cup part skim milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, Romano, or Locatelli cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into strips, noodles, zoodles, rounds, or strips
- Crushed red pepper
- In a bowl or food processor, blend ricotta, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste, set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the garlic in the olive oil until lightly golden.
- Add zucchini noodles and toss over medium high heat until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, along with a pinch of crushed red pepper, remove pan from heat.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pan and carefully fold in as it softens and melts.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.