These will be your new favorite thing! A vegetable no less.
Rounds of Zucchini that crisp up very nicely in a screaming hot oven or toaster oven. Make a basket to nibble for a family movie. Warm from the oven they are magic and your whole family will love them. They work equally well using the combination of almond flour and parmesan, but I even use plain Parmesan with great results! You've got to make these.
- 1 pound of zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (NOT the green can, ugh)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika - optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and then slice into rounds about 1/2 inch thick. Toss the rounds in a bowl with the olive oil until evenly coated.
- Mix the almond flour, cheese, salt, pepper (and if using, the smoked paprika) in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the zucchini rounds into the parmesan mixture and flip, gently pressing the almond flour into the zucchini.
- Arrange in rows on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce. I love the flavor of a small container of Fage yogurt blended with about 1/2 of a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dip powder.