Best Cheesecake on Earth!
I have a small heavy 7 inch heavy duty ‘Kaiser brand’ cheesecake pan I picked up on clearance at TJMaxx for five dollars that makes an amazing small cheesecake… PERFECT size for 2 packages of cream cheese. Otherwise you can use a glass pie plate for this recipe.
I make this a couple of times a year, and I have said this before so don’t be shocked, but I make the best cheesecake I have ever had anywhere. It is a 10 on the cheesecake scale and they are just beautiful too! It just happens to not have any added sugar. It will be very easy for you to also get a fantastic result but don’t give away the recipe. The key is to NOT over bake. Relax, it will be absolutely delicious!
- One package Voortman's sugar free Oatmeal cookies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Two, 8-ounce packages, Philadelphia Reduced Fat Cream Cheese - NOT fat free
- ⅔ cup Splenda OR ⅓ cup Truvia
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Fage Greek yogurt - buy a 6 ounce container for this recipe as it is the best brand
- 2 large eggs
- Comstock sugar free Cherry Pie Filling - hard to find, but good.
- In food processor pulse about ⅔ of the cookies until evenly ground. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles damp sand. Transfer to springform pan or pie plate and press firmly on bottom using bottom of measuring cup. Place on a cooking sheet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In same food processor, wiped clean but not washed, blend the cream cheese, sugar replacer, vanilla and Greek yogurt until very smooth, scraping down sides and reblending until creamy. Add the eggs and process for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth. Scrape down bowl. Pulse again.
- Pour into the crust and bake until sides are puffed and center is set but still slightly jiggly, 35 to 45 minutes. Better to slightly under bake than over bake. I judge by gently moving the cookie sheet and watching the movement in the center of the cake.
- Remove and cool to room temperature. Chill for 2 or more hours before cutting and serving with cherry topping.