This low carb, super high protein lasagna is perfect when you need a comforting meal to satisfy your craving for Italian food.
You won’t even miss the noodles in this one. It’s wonderful. A rich meaty sauce topped with dollops of lasagna cheese. This one tastes even better than it looks.
Easy No Noodle Lasagna, aka Ricotta Bake
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce - I use Gia Russo or Mario Batali (sugar not listed in Ingredients)
- 1 large egg
- One 15 ounce container part skim ricotta
- ¼ cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup grated part skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a deep 8 x 10 inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Toss beef with 1 tablespoon water, salt and baking soda in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Brown the beef mixture in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat - drain fat from pan. Add the zucchini and mushrooms; cook until vegetables have softened. Stir in sauce, reduce heat and simmer while preparing ricotta.
- Combine egg, ricotta, parsley, and half the parmesan in a bowl until well blended.
- Spoon the meat sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Add the ricotta mixture by large spoonfuls over the meat sauce. Scatter the remaining cheeses over the top.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until bubbling around edges and top lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.