YOU GET ONE FAT IN A MEAL.
Why, you might ask? Well, that is because FAT IS FATTENING. Fat contains the highest food concentration of calories. If all this keto high fat baloney worked most of us would have not needed surgery. If you are old enough, you will remember that Old School Dr. Akins dieting was fabulous for a while?
Ultimately, we all ate a LOT of fat to become morbidly obese... we went beyond and were not just obese. That took extra effort.
What does all of this mean? Glad you asked. It means that you don't get BACON and SAUSAGE, plus CHEESE, plus RANCH DRESSING, plus A LITTLE BIT OF MAYO FOR FLAVOR. NO Thousand Island dressing drowning your Chef's Salad. You get one fat in a meal. Pick one. ONE FAT.
- If you have a piece of bacon, that's your one fat!
- If you have sausage, that's your one fat!
- If you have nuts, that's your one fat!
- If you have avocado, that's your one fat!
- If you have cheese, that's your one fat!
- If you have Ranch, that's your one fat!
- IF you have mayonnaise (and I am a mayonnaise whore... I LOVE MAYONNAISE, so I get it), that's your one fat!
You guys are layering on your fats trying to apply the FATS DON'T HAVE CARBS premise... but you are shooting yourself in the foot with calories. Fat does not have carbs but they have lots and lots of calories. Weight loss is MATH. You have to consume fewer calories than you burn to lose weight. Let me explain that in reverse. You must BURN more calories than you EAT to lose weight. Read that back to yourself out loud.
So, to recap... choose ONE FAT in a meal! Not bacon AND cheese. Not a Chef's Salad with bacon and ham and avocado and cheese and Thousand Island dressing. Not an Inspire Flatbread with ham cheese mayo and one piece of bacon for FLAVOR. You are fatbraining your way right into bigger pants. One fat, one fat, one fat, one fat.