My friend Helen and I shared this side dish at Matteo's in Boca Raton along with our Veal Sorrentino.
The Zucchini Linguini Bolognese stole the show! Bolognese just means Meat Sauce.
I immediately located a hand turned spiral gadget for just $5 at TJ Maxx - it was like a big pencil sharpener that created long beautiful strands of Zucchini - and the rest is history.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A jar of pasta sauce
- 6 cups spiraled zucchini - buy ready cut or cut your own
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Brown the ground beef in the olive oil in a large skillet or wok
- Add about 1/2 the jar of pasta sauce.
- Add the zucchini spirals, toss to coat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes, until wilted and tender.
- Plate the dish, top with lots of Parmesan cheese.