Grilled Chicken Kebabs
Easy. Tasty. Fast. Chicken and vegetables on a stick. Make a lovely cucumber tomato salad and you have bariatric perfection on a plate.
- Chicken breast or thighs, cut into 2 inch cubes, thighs are much juicier
- Red onion petals
- Red, yellow and green pepper cubes (or zucchini or cherry tomatoes)
- metal or bamboo skewers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray with vegetable cooking spray and preheat grill to 500 degrees.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables on the bamboo skewers. Do not crowd or the chicken will not cook.
- Pop the kebabs on a screaming hot grill and baste with the marinade throughout cooking.