Haricot Vert tossed with Olive Oil & Almonds
Plain green beans are boring and dont even think about opening a can. Ugh.
Accent the flavors of fresh with this simple combination and the bowl will be empty. Super healthy and super delicious.
The Haricot Vert size of beans - which is just French for super skinny Green Beans - are very tender and easy for a bariatric person to eat.
- 2 tablespoon2 olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Haricot Verts - these super thin green beans are my preference for a holiday meal because they cook in minutes while the roast rests
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Saute the garlic slices in the olive oil in a non stick skillet, over medium high heat, stirring constantly until you see just a hint of golden brown.
- Add the green beans and tossing frequently, cook until coated with the olive oil and they have softened.
- Season well with a big pinch of salt and black pepper, add the almonds and toss until the beans are to a crisp tender doneness.
- Arrange in a serving bowl and take to the table.