Plain green beans are boring.
Accent the flavors with this simple combination and the bowl will be empty. Super healthy and super delicious.
The Haricot Vert size of beans - which is just French for Green Beans - are very tender and easy for a bariatric person to eat.
- 8 ounces Haricot Verts - super thin green beans are my preference
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Bring a couple quarts of water to boil in medium pot and toss in the green beans.
- Cook for just 2 to 3 minutes.
- Time in the pot depends on thickness of beans. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- You want them to be bright green and still crispy, but tender.
- Drain and rinse in cold water; dry in paper towel and set aside.
- A few minutes before serving entree, heat olive oil in skillet, saute the garlic and almonds until garlic is golden at edges.
- Add the well drained green beans, give a toss to coat and reheat and season with about a 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper.