Grilled Jalapeno Party Poppers
I love to pop these on the grill. They are the perfect bbq appetizer. These are also great to make year round, thanks to an Air Fryer!
Make these and serve at your next party. YUM YUM YUM!
- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, very finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 pieces thin sliced bacon - baked until fat has rendered, but not yet crisp
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise - scoop out seeds and membranes with a spoon.
- Blend yogurt, cheddar, green onion, salt and black pepper until smooth - chill mixture to firm.
- Spoon out a small portion of cheese filling, roll into a small pepper shaped bullet, filling one half of the pepper and topping with the other half to enclose cheese filling. Do not overfill.
- Lay a slice of bacon on cutting board, place filled jalapeno and begin wrapping at the stem end. As you wrap, slightly overlap bacon and secure with a small bamboo skewer or toothpick. Can be refrigerated at this point until ready to cook.
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - arrange in the air fryer basket - cook until bacon is browned and peppers have softened.
- Arrange on grill and cook until bacon is browned and jalapenos are softened - 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.