Pan Roasted Scallops with Sesame Sauce
This dish is so delicious and so simple you will want to try it with different pan roasted meats and seafood!
An easy, healthy, very tasty teriyaki sauce that works well with high protein scallops but is also excellent with shrimp or chicken.
The toasty sesame and garlic are balanced by the light sweetness of the sauce. Serve this dish with asparagus or thin green beans.
- Sliced green onions (reserve white and green sections separately)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (same as rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the white onion pieces, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Splenda, cornstarch, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Pat scallops dry, lightly season with sea salt and black pepper, and cook undisturbed for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Turn and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until browned. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm. Keep the pan on the burner.
- Whisk the sauce and add to the hot pan. Cook, whisking constantly 30 to 60 seconds, until the sauce boils and thickens; remove from heat. Arrange the scallops on serving plates, and spoon the hot sesame sauce over the scallops; garnish with the reserved green onion pieces.