Pan Seared Salmon with Greek Yogurt Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Super simple. Once you get comfortable making a quick salad you can do it while your salmon roasts but for now, do it first to avoid pressure. The salad makes the super moist salmon even more delicious and creamy for a perfect post-op meal. Fage is the best Greek yogurt! This is an adaptation of one of their recipes.
- One 6 ounce cup Fage Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon Garden Gourmet Dill (tube in produce section)
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- One medium cucumber
- 1 cup grape or mini San Marzano tomatoes, cut in half
- Two, 6 ounce pieces of salmon
- Blend the yogurt with the dill and season to taste with salt and pepper. Go heavy on the black pepper.
- Peel cucumber length ways into long ribbons, cutting down to the pits. Discard the core.
- Toss cucumber ribbons and tomato with the yogurt mixture and set aside.
- Preheat nonstick skillet over medium high head.
- Season all sides of salmon with salt and pepper and Old Bay Seasoning then place in pan non-skin side down Do not touch the salmon while it sears for 3 minutes. Carefully turn and cook skin side for another 4 minutes.
- Remove your beautiful crusted salmon to a plate.
- Place salad on plate, top with salmon.