Peanut Butter Tart - sugar free
No introduction needed, this is a special dessert everyone will love and you'll be able to enjoy it too on those special events!
- 1 package Sugar Free Short Bread Cookies, you can get these at many WalMart stores
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Splenda Granulated
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, I like Jif
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Place cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Add butter and pulse a few times until mixture is the texture of slightly moist sand.
- Transfer the crumbs to a 9 inch removable bottom tart pan, gently and then firmly press into bottom and up the 1/2 inch sides and chill while making the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese and Splenda until fluffy using an electric hand mixer.
- Add Peanut Butter and beat until blended.
- Add half of Cool Whip and slowly beat in to lighten mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the remaining Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture into prepared tart shell and smooth the top.
- Create a 2 inch border by pressing the chopped peanuts into the edge of the tart.
- Serve cold, chill minimum of 2 hours before serving. Also delicious frozen remove Tart from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into thin wedges.