One Egg Parm & Roasted Pepper Omelet
As a bariatric post op, it's smart to have "go to" foods that work for the pouch, taste good, are simple to fix, use just a few basic ingredients, that can be on the table in 5 minutes.
This is my "go to" meal for breakfast, lunch, or supper. Yum. I also make this by substituting a big handful of baby spinach for the peppers.
- 1/2 cup diced red and or yellow sweet peppers (I keep a bag of mini peppers in the fridge for scooping hummus)
- 1 garlic clove, slivered
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - about 1/2 ounce - freshly grated is always best
- Sea salt and freshly grated black pepper
- 1/4 cup part skim milk ricotta or cottage cheese
- Sauté the peppers and garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat, in a small 6 inch omelet pan until softened and browned - 3 to 4 minutes.
- Multitasking, while the peppers are cooking, whisk the egg with the Parmesan, season with a big pinch salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Pour into the hot pan and pull cooked egg to center until no liquid egg remains.
I don't like soft eggs, so I flip my omelet, cook for 45 seconds, add a line of ricotta and fold to the plate.
Normal people may add the ricotta and fold without flipping.