Skinny Strawberry Pie
Fresh sweet strawberries nestled into a sweet yet sugar free cookie crust - this dessert is GENIUS!
This pie will be a HUGE hit when you serve it, but only you need to know it has a skinny secret! If there is such a thing as a DIET PIE, this is it. Like we said, and it bears repeating, this dessert is pure genius.
- One 10 ounce package Murray Sugar Free Shortbread Cookies, or similar sugar free cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular (yellow bag), plus additional if making fresh whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Two 4-serving size packages Sugar Free Strawberry Jello gelatin powder (that is the small, .30 ounce size. You could also use one .60 oz package. So either two small or one large ;)
- Sugar Free Cool Whip or freshly whipped cream lightly sweetened with Splenda
In a food processor, pulse the cookies into fine even crumbs. [TIP: if you do not have a processor, place cookies in bag and crush with the bottom of a heavy pot or wine bottle]. Add the butter and cinnamon - blend until mixture resembles damp sand. Press into a pie plate with a small measuring cup or the back of a spoon and chill while filling is prepared.
Blend the Splenda and cornstarch with 1 1/2 cups cold water, in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently and cook until clear, glossy and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the Sugar Free Jello powder, blending until completely dissolved and smooth. Add the sliced strawberries to the warm mixture in the pot and gently fold to coat the berries. Turn into the crust and arrange so berries are piled a bit higher in the center. Chill two hours or overnight until firm. Cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream.