Baked doughnuts are all the rage but they still have too much sugar and are a no food. Better to steer clear.
Voila, a smaller batch of no sugar goodness that is very easy and quick to make. Lightly brushing warm freshly baked doughnut holes with melted butter and rolling them in Cinnamon and Truvia keeps them soft and moist. They melt in your mouth! I even piped a few with a dab of sugar-free grape jelly.
Bake some for Christmas and I guarantee you will get hugs and kisses in return. Start a new tradition for Christmas Eve to serve with a mug of Yum No Sugar Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Truvia Blend
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon 'Sugar' Coating
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Truvia Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- a few grates of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick vegetable coating and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, Truvia, butter and vanilla.
- Add to the flour mixture and and mix with a few light strokes just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix - batter should not be smooth.
- Fill mini muffins about 2/3 full using a tablespoon or small metal scoop.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool in pan for 2 to 3 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
- Mix Truvia and cinnamon in a medium plastic bag.
- Brush each doughnut hole with melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Return to wire rack for coating to firm. Eat warm.